Monday, February 11, 2008

Blue Moon

This weekend I didn't venture out to the bars or nightclubs. I didn't stay out untill 6 in the morning jumping from pub to pub. Instead I opted to stay in with a few friends with a 12 pack of Blue Moon. I have tasted Blue Moon before but I don't think I had ever had a full 12 ounces previously to Saturday night. I was very impressed and couldnt get enough. Sunday I decided that since I liked the beer so much, and I have a blog devoted to micro breweries, why not do some research. Heres what I discoverd. Blue Moon is a product of the Sandlot Brewery in Denver Colorado. 5 friends started this brewery in 1995 and originally they just wanted to make quality beer. They had there first big hit with their beer "Belgian White". This brew was a huge hit, turning many heads at the World Beer Championships three years in a row. This is the most popular flavor of Blue Moon. It is distributed all over the country. It is much like the Harpoon UFO that I discussed last week, in the sense that they are both unfliltered. The ingredients are a little different; the Belgian White contains white wheat, oats, coriander, and orange peel. Some dishes that this beer would go great with would be any dish containing white meats such as Pork Chops, Chicken Francaise, and it will also taste good with a white fish meat, Mahi Mahi, Swordfish, Scrod, and Sole. So go out and try this beer you shouldnt be disapointed. It is great in a bottle but if you can find a bar or pub that serves it on tap you might enjoy that better. And while your trying this beer make sure the person who is serving it garnishes it with an orange (not a lemon) the orange accents the ingredients.

No comments: